Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care

Health & Travel Certificates

Traveling with an animal often requires certificates and legal documentation. The process can be confusing but don’t worry, we're here to help!

Traveling With Your Pet

It is always recommended that you plan and prepare your pet for traveling in advance to avoid delays or issues. It is best to be ready for your travels by providing the appropriate paperwork and certificates, particularly if you are traveling between States and Countries, or traveling by air. We would like to point out that pets who travel in flight cabins with their owners tend to experience less stress. If it’s possible, we strongly recommend that your pet travels with you in a comfortable crate with a sufficient water supply.

As part of the certification process, our team will ensure the following steps are taken care of before your pet will be allowed to receive travel documents:

  • Your pet must be in good enough health to fly without danger
  • Your pet must be free from diseases or illness, in particular any contagious conditions.
  • Your pet has received all required vaccinations

It is strongly encouraged that owners who plan to travel with their pets by air contact the air carrier they will be traveling with and review their specific policy for pets.

Please contact us with any questions regarding travel certificates, timelines for travel, or additional certificate-related costs. 

Join the Ark Veterinary Hospital & Urgent Care Family Today!

Located off of exit 46 on the NY State Thruway (I-90).

Phone: 585.487.8700


  • Monday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
  • Thursday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Saturday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Sunday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM